Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Off to see the Terra Cotta armies

We arrived in Xi'an without incident and I promptly lost my glasses...typical. I was able to purchase a new pair within an hour yesterday for a mere $150.00. We visited the city walls of Xi'an (very lovely) and Big Goose Pagoda yesterday (equally lovely and the temple was sooo very restful) and some of us went on to Xi'an International Studies University and I got a very brief tour of their new library. It is huge! We went out to dinner with some of the faculty and adminstrators and talked a bit about exchange programs. Today is quite the long day with two tours a visit to the Muslim Market, a dance recital tonight. I am very sure that I will sleep well this evening. I am, not suprisingly, an object of interest....but I'm not the only one. Roxanne (of the red hair) is a source of fascination as well. We decided that we should start charging money for all the photos that people want to take with us...maybe finance another trip.

Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

carol said...

15 Oct. 08

Hi Susan:


Sounds like you are having an exciting time in China. All cultures take some getting used to.
My daughter was in China with the Navy when her ship was in port there for @ 2 weeks. Enjoy the tea.
Have fun,

Carol

Laura Jo said...

ah-ah could this redhead be my old prof, Ms. Munch? Tell her the old one says hey, dere and has she found any krumkaka in China? See you soon? Laura in LTA 101