Saturday, October 18, 2008

Swimming fish into dragon

An old folk tale of a swimming fish transfoming into a dragon is the central theme of Xi'an International University. There is a large sculpture on the cental campus depicting the ideal of education empowering the lives of students. I think that most of us were very interested in what our Chinese colleagues had to say. I must say that I am very, very thankful for our resources and facilities. There is no comparison.

I was able to visit the Provincal Public Library with my two young companions and found that they used the same Sirsi operating system I use at the Plainfield Public Library. I have to say that the public library seemed far better supplied than the university library. From what I can gather, they don't lend to each other. After the campus tour we packed up for the train.

No comments: